Monday, August 8, 2011

2011 Artisan Award blog hop Day 6

We are in full swing with our 2011 Artisan Award Blog Hop. There are ten of us each showing one of our winning projects a day. We each have a link to the next Artisan's blog so you can just follow the links and go the full circle. You should be coming From Jenn Picard's wonderful project of the day.
This is the first of Three Scrapbook pages. My husband took this picture on his phone and sent it to me years ago. When the Make-a-Monster stamp set came out I couldn't help but laugh when I noticed my son posed the same way as one of the monsters.
The picture is even funnier if you notice the saying on my sons shirt (had to point that out).
I made sure this scrapbook page had plenty of texture and elements throughout. I wanted to make sure that any one piece could stand on it's own. Most of the circles have a different background image stamped on it or has been run through the big shot with a textured impressions embossing folder. I also really enjoy sewing and thought some playful stitching along the top and bottom would be fun.
I watercolored the monsters using Blender pens and Stampin' Pastels.
I hope you are enjoying my projects as much as I enjoyed making them. See you tomorrow. Be sure to check out Summer Stone's great project for today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your little mud monster is adorable. This layout is a fabulous boy page. I love all of the texture and color!

    ReplyDelete