Friday, August 5, 2011

2011 Artisan Award blog hop day 3

We are on day Three of Eleven on the 2011 Artisan Award Blog Hop. Yes, I said Eleven. I will be showing the swap that I made for the ladies when we had dinner together after I have shown you all 10 projects. Once again this hop cycles through all ten of the 2011 winners blogs, just follow the links at the bottom of each post and you will end up right here if this is where you started. You should have just come from Jenn Picard's blog.
Alright, this card was one of the last ones I created, however I had it designed in my head almost from the start. I started with a brighter color combo and ended up with this, I think it looks classier withe the Subtles.
Layering is always going on with my projects. I was told by my Friend and downline a while ago that the key to a simple card looking amazing is LAYERS!!!
I Stamped the lined image on my project, then took the coordinating bold image stamped it in the same color ink, stamped it off twice on a piece of scratch paper then I stamped it on top of my lined image. This gave me a lighter shade of the same color and accents the 2 step stamp perfectly.
The fold I used to make the "envelope" portion is an oldie but goodie! I will for sure do a tutorial later for those of you who are not familiar with it.

Thank you for taking a peek today, don't forget to hop over to Summer Stone's now. See you tomorrow.

- xoxo Heather

3 comments:

  1. Perfect card! I love the mix of patterns and layers. I don't always agree that the key to a simple card is layers (because then it isn't so simple), but in this instance your friend is absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this soft pretty colour combo, great choice. And would you believe I have never made a criss cross card before? Now I am totally inspired to do so:)

    ReplyDelete