Saturday, October 29, 2011

My Inkin' Cute Craft Room Couch

In my apartment my craft area was in my living room. The space was crowed, but I loved having a place where my husband and/or children could sit and talk with me comfortably while I created. I am so fortunate to be able to have my own space while still enabling my family to visit with me during my crafting time.
It is funny how one mans junk is another mans treasure. My friend/downline Erika was going to get rid of this couch, seeing as how it didn't work in her place anymore. I jumped at the chance to take it off her hands! It is smaller than a regular love seat but larger than a chair. It even has a pull out bed (a small one anyway).
This couch was the first thing that was moved into my craft room after the floor was put in. Here is a pic of me and my little girl chillaxin'.

I think it is VERY obvious that I am a tad bit fond of the Flirtatious Designer Specialty Fabric that Stampin' Up! sells. I sewed four of the fat quarters together to make each panel of my curtains. You can hardly see the seems because they are gathered.
I covered the pillows with the same fabric. I got the idea from another Super talented demonstrator Mandy Erickson. She gave instructions for them, but I am not one for patterns so I figured it out by the measurements of my pillow.
The flowers were cut out using the Island Floral die (I used it on a lot of the projects in my craft room). I layered them and hand stiched them together while gathering and puckering them. I used liquid stitch to adhere them to the pillow.
The little pillow is copied directly from a display I saw at Convention......one of the MILLIONS of perks of being a demonstrator. I used liquid stitch to adhere the ribbon that wraps around the pillow. With the stripped ribbon I used my sewing machine to put a running stitch down the edge of it and the pulled and gathered it. Once the ribbon was gathered I tied a knot in one end, put some liquid stitch on it and pinned that right to the center. I circled the ribbon around the knot adhering it with liquid stitch along the way and using pins to hold the ribbon in place while the liquid stitch dried.
Here is a close up of the rosette. I had not taken the pins out yet.
I hope you are liking my Inkin' Cute Craft Room as much as I am!!!
xoxoxo
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment